Brushwood is a recipe that was widespread in the times of the USSR, and is very popular. Today we invite you to look at the brushwood from a new angle, namely, to make it of an unusual shape and with some changes in the recipe of the dough. We promise: it will be very tasty and very beautiful!
To prepare the brushwood, take the following ingredients:
- 400 gr flour;
- 35 grams of unscented sunflower oil + cooking oil;
- 1 egg;
- 1 tsp salt (or sugar, to taste);
- 1 tsp sesame (black or white);
- 140 grams of water.
1. Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a tight dough.
2. Cover with cling film and leave for half an hour. Then knead, leave for another 2 hours, knead again. Now you can start cooking brushwood.
3. Roll the dough into a very large and thin layer. Fingers should shine slightly.
4. Fold in half, cut in the center.
5. Then unfold two layers of dough, fold it over each other and cut it in half again.
6. The resulting four equal parts of the dough put on each other, cut the dough into strips of the thickness that you like.
7. Getting down to creating a form of brushwood. We make cuts in the center, then we pull out the upper part of the dough piece through the central incision.
8. Another option: put a few pieces of dough together, fold in half and make several cuts on the fold. Collapse through the resulting incisions.
9. The number of cuts can be very different, as well as methods of folding. Another option: fold a piece of dough in half, make a lot of cuts, deploy. Connect one edge to the opposite, then pick up the dough around the edges, forming such an interesting shape:
10. Fry in a lot of oil, as usual. This is what happens:
Learn more about how to make different forms of the test, you can learn from a visual video below: