Very sweet, tasty and authentic Turkish sweetness - Turkish Delight is soft candy that is not difficult to cook at home. The main thing - just keep the recipe and cooking time.
Ingredients for Turkish Delight:
- 4 glasses of sugar;
- 1.5 glasses of water (syrup) and 3 glasses of water (starch);
- tartar 1 tsp;
- 1 cup cornstarch;
- lemon juice 1 tbsp. l .;
- food coloring (optional);
- powdered sugar.
1. In a skillet, mix water (1.5 cups) and sugar, put on the stove, let boil and boil on low heat for 5-10 minutes. The correct syrup should roll into balls when cooled.
2. In water (3 cups) stir, slowly pouring, starch and cream of tartar. Put on fire and boil down to a paste. Do not let the lumps!
3. Now pour the sugar syrup in a slow stream while stirring actively.
4. Reduce heat and simmer for 40-50 minutes, stirring often, until the mixture becomes golden brown. At this point, you can add a dye (added a red dye in the master class), vanilla essence, nuts, etc.
5. Next, pour the mixture into a container lubricated with oil and send it to freeze until the next day.
6. The next day, powder the tabletop with powdered sugar, transfer the resulting mass, cut into portioned pieces, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Turkish delight is ready!